The North Providence Library is a member of Ocean State Libraries.
- To obtain a Library card, identification with photo ID and current mailing address is required.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with proper ID in order to register for a card.
- A Patron must bring their own library card in order to check out material and to use the library’s computers.
- Library cards are non-transferrable.
- Replacement cost for a card is $1.
- Patrons are responsible for all material checked out to their library card.
You can also register for a library card online by going to the online catalog (http://catalog.oslri.net) You will be able to register on-online as a patron of our library if you are a RI resident. You will have limited privileges. Holds placed with this card are active for 30 days. You must show a valid Rhode Island ID and proof of address at your library within 30 days to get a permanent card or this temporary patron record will be deleted.